Fedora is gearing up for its next round of elections. Three groups are electing members over the next several weeks:
- Fedora Project Board is electing two members
- Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo) is electing four members
- Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee (FAMSCo) is electing all seven members
As requested by several Fedora members, the candidates in these elections are participating in a series of Town Hall discussions on IRC. This is your opportunity to ask them as a group anything you would like. Want to hear what they think is Fedora’s biggest challenge, and how they will solve it? Join us and ask!
Schedule is as follows:
- Friday December 5, 2008 02:00 UTC (9pm US Eastern on Thursday) Fedora Board
- Friday December 5, 2008 15:00 UTC (10am US Eastern) Fedora Board
- Friday December 5, 2008 17:00 UTC (12pm US Eastern) FESCo
- Saturday December 6, 2008 17:00 UTC (12pm US Eastern) FAMSCo
To attend, join the #fedora-townhall and #fedora-townhall-public rooms on irc.freenode.net. A moderator will be on hand in both rooms to help the conversation flow. Candidates may speak in #fedora-townhall, while everyone may ask questions in #fedora-townhall-public. The moderator will copy questions from the -public room into the -townhall room.
Please use these opportunities to educate yourselves about the candidates for office, so that you may make an informed vote.
Voting begins on Sunday, December 7 and runs through Saturday, December 20.
Further details, including the list of candidates and their backgrounds, are available at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections.